Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excitement has been contained :(

Well, it's back to the drawing board with the flooring. I kept feeling like I wouldn't like the tile so much if it were more than just the 4 tiles completing one design. I googled images of patterned tile and found something similar and it's old and dirty, but still, the entire pattern and colors are pretty close...enough to be able to see how busy that design would be on our floor.

This is the tile I originally thought was beautiful:




















This is the floor that made me realize NO WAY!!!



So, what now? I really don't want wood look laminate flooring in my kitchen. That's too much wood going on for me. The cabinets I have now are the original cabinets I'm in the process of painting until I can get an entire kitchen remodel. (probably years from now) I guess I could always stick with white cabinets even after the remodel. I'm so lost now.

If I do go with laminate like we planned originally, I'm going to have to wait longer since it will include the living and hallway as well. *Sigh*

A few positive thoughts - at least now the painted paneling won't look cheap next to laminate flooring (the sheetrock can wait a little longer), I can still have my painted cabinets without them looking cheesy next to that flooring, and my dining table and chairs won't look bad next to laminate like I feel it would with the tile (it's contemporary and I don't feel like the tile would really fit in well with that style).

Such is life.

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I don't know. I think it is the light part that makes the picture look so bad. The tile you picked out is darker which should give it a completely different look. Keep googling and find a dark floor to compare it with. I am with you on the picture though - that looks bad, BUT.....I have seen the dark floors that are absolutely beautiful...I'm just saying.........take another look. I know at Lowe's yu can actually buy a box - take it home and if you don't like how it looks, take it back before you adher it. GOOD LUCK

Lori said...

I saw this at Mr. Foster's and he only had that one tile. As you can see, it's placed in a two way mirror to see the full pattern. I haven't seen it any other place, but I've only looked online. That's good to know about Lowe's though! I never knew you could do that. That will save me loads of trouble, no doubt. Thanks for the tip!

I'm still not sure about this flooring I posted. Reason being because I want something more versatile. I change my decor with every mood swing I have. I do want to look into something a little different than just plain tile though. I'm not really a fan of tile.