Unusual for me to see progress so soon in something I'm doing, but I am now.
This weekend is all set up for Morgan to go to her MawMaw's house. It'll be good for them and good for us to get down to the nitty gritty in her room. I also called the former Woodville Inn to find out if they have a room to rent. I still have to check it out to see if it'll be large enough, but they do have one. It's not the ballroom though. Just as I figured, it no longer exists. Such a shame. The room they do rent out is $150 for the evening, day, whatever. Not too shabby, unless the room is. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.
I also bought more things for her room. Cheap things. I bought some boxes that will fit nicely in the cubbies I still have to go to Ikea to get. I didn't spend anything but pennies on them because, yep, they are cardboard as well. I just picked up some muslin to cover them with to match the vanilla color of the futon and soon to be duvet cover. So, those will sort of look like canvas boxes but with colorful fabric around the rim. Paint. I bought paint. It's not like I don't literally have about 30 gallons of it crammed in every hidden corner I can find in my house. None was the right color though. Hopefully this will be.
I don't know when I'm going to go to Ikea to get the shelves. It's supposed to snow here tomorrow night and all day Friday. Can I get an AMEN??!! I may have to go tomorrow before everything gets iced over. I can live with that.
These are the shelves I'm getting:
I'm getting various sizes to go where she needs them to be in her room. I LOVE these shelves. I have them in my laundry room (where my covered boxes are) and in my living room to take up an empty wall. They are very versatile and just POP in a room. I just love them.
Since I messed up my sleeping schedule last night, I'm about to get to work on covering those cardboard boxes so I have more time to do the room itself this weekend.
Red-Bulling it.

No comments:
Post a Comment