Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scrambled Mind

I can't sleep. I don't even want to. I have a million things running through my mind at once tonight...um this morning. I wish Ikea was open.

I'm planning a party for Morgan's 18th birthday coming up. 18! I want to rent a place to have it, but I don't know of any around here anymore. What was once the Woodville Inn is now a "not so pleasant" place to stay when desperate measures call. They used to have a ballroom, which is where my senior prom was held. That would be nice, but I'm not sure it even still exists. Going to make a phone call tomorrow to see.

She does have a big surprise for her for her birthday, but in case she reads this, (I don't know) I'm not going to say what it is. It's going to be quite awesome, which is one of the reasons I want to rent a place to begin with.

I'm also planning to really make her bedroom a nicer place. She's a junk collector and even though I can't get rid of the junk, I do want a place for her to store it. She's her dad made over with that sort of thing. Can you say packrat? So, another phone call I'll be making tomorrow is to her Maw Maw to see if she will hide Morgan for me this weekend while Allison, Emily and I redo her room. As long as Morgan is here, it'll never get done. I do have my work cut out for me if I do it this weekend. I just want it done before her party.

I sure hope my plans aren't in vain. I can already feel her dad not coming and that depresses me. I want her entire family to be here! I'll try to remain happy about it and keep all the negative at bay.

Well, I'm off to do some planning and shopping online for her room. Wish me luck. There isn't much time!

Morgan Elaine, Easter 1994:

No comments: