Monday, October 3, 2011

Moving On?

We own some land in Jasper, a little bit of a larger town about 30 miles from where we are now.   We have thought before about building a home on it, but just never did.  All Clayton's family are neighbors on the same street and everytime we go out there, I wish we just lived there.  It would be nice to live out where we can do anything we'd want, basically.  Own a few horses, play in the mud on 4-wheelers, have the kids play daily with their cousins, be right there where everything is going on.  When I get home, I change my mind.  I'm not used to living extremely close to family.  I haven't most of my life.  I haven't even lived in the same state as my family since I was 16 years old, other than the 7 years or so we lived in Louisiana.  I'm not accustomed to it at all.  Clayton, however, is used to it.  He's used to visiting with his parents at least a few times a week. 

Since I have different feelings about it, I told him I was leaving it all up to him.  He's for moving.  I can't say I don't get excited about it when I think about it a little bit.  But then, I look at my home and my life and ask, "Why change?"  We aren't very far away anyway.  We've worked so hard on this house, I'm in love with this house, even though it gives me headaches daily.  It's our home.  I'm tired of moving anyway.  I'm ready to be settled like we once were years ago. 

I'm sure we won't move, but you never can tell what he will decide.  It would be a few years anyway, so maybe by then, this house will be complete and he will feel more settled in and not want to start all over someplace else.  I'd like to just stay put until all the kids are grown, and move there if we decide to downsize a bit.  Ya know, build a little two bedroom home with very little maintenance.  Then again, we have 7 kids together and the grandkids have already started coming.  We probably won't ever have the chance to downsize. 

It's almost depressing as I look at my house here and know all the plans I still have for it that I really want to put into action.  Moving would be just that...starting all over.  Something I don't want to do. 

***********************************************************************************

Until then...

We aren't completely finished with the bedroom/bathroom remodel, but will be soon enough.  Ok, not soon enough, but we will get there. I sort of got out of the mood, really.  While Clayton was working on what I couldn't, I began working in my craft room a bit, trying to get it organized after sooo long.  It's taking so much to get it where I want it.  I seriously didn't realize I had so much stuff crammed in there.  It doesn't help, either, to buy more things while I'm shopping for organizational supplies. ;)  I've made a few crafts while I've made room in there.  I'm trying to do a lot of decor for the girls' rooms so they will be ready when the rooms get swapped around.  I've come to appreciate the weekends a bit more because that's when I seem to have more time to do things.  I'm so ready for soccer to be OVER!  I think Emily secretly is too.



I won't know what to do with myself.

The bedrooms should be completely switched around this week.   As much as I'd love to paint in an empty room, I'm afraid that's just not going to happen.  I'll feel so much better just having the load of moving the furniture around off my shoulders.  I feel like I'm playing one of those puzzles where the one square is missing and you have to slide left and right, and up and down to make the puzzle, only with the rooms in my house. 

Yep. 

After the bedrooms are swapped, as much as I'd love to start that kitchen project, I'm afraid it's just not going to happen right now.  The next big project will be the middle bathroom which is now the main bathroom.  Trust me, the walls will be torn out the minute Clayton leaves for work, the plumbers called, and the new in.  He doesn't want to start any more projects until these others are finished, but I have to have a decent bathroom for guests and I'm not going to make him work on this one at all.  Him being gone for a month at a time really helps when I want to do something like this. Hehe.

Give me about a week and I will start showing some pictures.  Maybe.


4 comments:

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Lori, we have a Jasper here in Alberta, it is the most beautiful place! Moving is always a huge headache! Well as usual it sounds like you have a lot going on, take a break & don't work so hard!

Gerry Adams said...

Moving is something I don't like to do at all. Hopefully some day we will though as our house is too small. But selling a house right now is a real pain, as I'm still trying to sell the one my parents had and it's not going too well. I hope you have a nice week!

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I know what you mean about moving. Sounds good sometimes but one just has to weigh the pros against the cons and see what happens. When I go to Woodville, I want to move there, but when I get home, I am so glad that I don't.......Can't wait to see the changes...good luck with all of the changes.

PJH Designs said...

I understand about moving I sometimes think I would move again if I found my dream plantation house with wrap around porch then I think about moving 33 years of married life and go nah its not worth it. lol Can't wait to see your changes. I've been meaning to stop by & thank you for following my little blog PJH Designs I appreciate it.