Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chin Up

Thank you so much for your kind words on my recent post about my friend.  It truly means a lot and I know real prayers have been prayed.  I truly appreciate each and every one of them.

We will be going to visit in the next day or two.  It's becoming harder and harder to go, not that I don't want to see her, of course, something just keeps putting things in the way for me to get there to her.  I don't know.

I had to get out of the house today.  I felt myself falling into a slight state of depression, so I knew what I had to do.  I took the kids to see the movie "Real Steel".  Quite the movie!  Simply a great movie.  Getting out helped, but it's in the 40's tonight and I want to light a fire.  No firewood.  Bummer.

It's been two weeks instead of about one, and I still haven't been able to do all I planned to do.  That's just been my life the past couple years.  Things are always changing, it seems, but the things I want to change never have a chance to.  I have done a little bit here and there.  I've started on painting Emily's bedroom furniture and it's looking fabulous!  I've done a few items for Morgan's room also as well as purchased a few items for Allison's room.  I'm so excited about the bedrooms for the girls, especially Emily's room.  I've almost lost sight of the original inspiration photo I posted before due to knowing what will and won't work.  In my head it's going to be loads better!  Magazine worthy, I tell ya. ;)  It will take a little while to get it exactly what we want because there are some things we just have to have.


Like a tufted headboard


 and a chrome pendant light



beautiful fabric


A little bit of this



and a little bit of that
Or something of the sort.

So, as excited as I am to finish this room, I'm afraid it will be finished last, more than likely.   It's something to look forward to anyway.  By the way, we already have the lamps.  

I also did some rearranging in the kitchen.  Can a normal person do that?  I didn't think so.  More on that later.

It's time to pack to head out on my short trip.  Pray for safety for us and for me to be able to be the friend she needs.


1 comment:

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Lori, I read your death of a child blog & right away I knew by the title that this was not good! 14 is way to young for this to happen!!! I don't even have anymore words for this, very sad.. :-(

I know what you mean about getting stuff done here & there, multi-tasking is becoming my middle name!
I'm sure in a short while you will have a magazine worthy place, one day at a time Lori..