Saturday, August 20, 2011

Purple She Says

I have a painter here at the house this weekend. We call him Bud. Aka, our son. He has been doing some work around the house while his dad is gone to work. I must say, I could get used to this! He has learned really quickly that he doesn't like to paint. Ha! Now he understands why I gave HIM the job!

My father in law brought over some help today to get the piano unloaded. It fit so perfectly where I decided to put it. The kids will go in the room and play it and even though they only know a few songs, it sounds magical to me. I love the sound of a piano. Even the sound of one that needs to be tuned.

Emily has never been a girly girl but yet not a tomboy either. She just sort of fits in somewhere in between like her sisters and me. So, it shocked me a bit when she requested purple for her room. I tried to persuade her to go a different route, but she has the final say since it is her living quarters. So, after Pinterest, we found a room we both agreed on. This is our inspiration room:






I am really loving these colors together! Now that Bud has one of the back bedrooms painted, this will be the next he works on. Emily is so ready to have her room finished. So am I.

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Love it! Cam't wait to see the finished product.
Way to go Bud, get in there and put that brush to work.

Jenni said...

I think it is going to look wonderful, and agree with you on the two colors in that picture. They do look lovely together! :) I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

How are you doing as summer comes to a close? Are you ready for fall? I am still clinging to summer over here, not at all ready for it to be over!

I hope you are having a great week so far!

Blessings,
Jenni