Today. An ordinary, typical day. Until the end. We rushed to piano lessons, then from there rushed to a 4-H meeting and came home to Allison stayed home sick and Bud who helped move things out of the laundry room so I could pull up carpet. It has industrial carpet in that room, which I don't care for at all, but it worked for the time being.
The other day I noticed the carpet was a bit damp in front of the washing machine. I figured it was nothing, maybe just a load that didn't sit just right. I don't know. I used it again, more water. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, so I turned the machine off and let it sit yesterday. The floor continued to get wetter and wetter. It started stinking. Bud and I pulled the machine out away from the wall to check the hoses. Nothing. We tipped it up. Nothing. When we placed it back down, the water made its appearance. From the bottom right hand side, the water flowed. ARGH!
Tonight when I came home, I couldn't stand the smell any longer. Not to mention my laundry is starting to pile up. That doesn't happen here. Remember, laundry is my THANG! My back was hurting and Bud tried to get me to sit, but I didn't listen. I wanted to go ahead and just rip up the little bit of carpet and get the smell out of this house. So, I started at the carport door. I cut a strip, pulled it up, and found NO WAY!!! Not that paper sack thing again! Yep! This time, it's on top of the tile that's under the carpet. I'm hoping this will be a lot easier than the girls' rooms. I'm hoping I can just take my heat gun and rip up the tile.
Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? My house is upside down once more.
I don't have time to do anything right now.
2 comments:
Hello lori, life is crazy like that, we had our washer, dryer & bathroom sink fall apart all with in a short period! I spent days rebuilding the bathroom sink area, not to mention the expense $$$
Hang in there, we can always use the exuse "things will slow down soon" Ha Ha!
Take care, cheers!
Ahhh life....sometimes it really stinks, but then you have those magical moments that makes it all worthwhile..let's hipe the magic shows up soon.
Post a Comment