Friday, August 12, 2011

Stained Glass

Isn't it beautiful?

It's always been intriguing to me and I've always wanted some type of gorgeous piece in my home. I've never even priced a piece before because I've always just assumed they were entirely too expensive to own. Don't ask why because I don't know.

While I drool over supplies of different types in craft stores, I've been seeing decorative glass in small sheets. They are just beautiful, yet I give no thought to them being for making stained glass projects. From now on, I'll dig a little deeper and more than likely load up on some of it. Why?

Because I found a stained glass class here in my remote little town. Are you serious???


I was so happy when I heard the news I had to figure out who would want to join me.

Who doesn't work during class hours?.....hmmmm.....

Aunt Debbie!!

So, long story short, I have a stained glass partner. (because I want one)

We start next week and I couldn't be happier. Well I could if the class was free, especially because I found all sorts of tuts online. Oh well. It'll be time and money well spent.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I took stained glass as my art class in college... I bought all the equipment I needed and while I don't do it often it is a great skill to have. I surprised a friend of mine with a piece that I designed... A year ago. I rarely keep any kind of the art I make, but I sure do love doing it as a means of thanks for those I love and appreciate. Enjoy your class and post pics of your creation! :)

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Talk about irons in the fire...how do you control all of them? Wish I were as ambitious. Good luck, I know that both of you will be great at it!

Stratoz said...

Thanks for following my blog. Best of luck with the stained glass class. Your enthusiasm is wonderful. Go for it!