Three pudding cups

Three potatoes mashed

That's it. That's all I've had to eat all week.
Dentists. They have never been a fear for me, but over the past year I dread them.
The Novocain or whatever "Cain" is used in dental offices these days makes my heart feel as if it's going to jump out of my chest. The dentist gets really irritated with me because my body is shaking uncontrollably. This time when it started happening, I asked for the gas. I inhaled that so deeply and quickly I'm surprised I didn't pass out. BUT.....
If I hadn't taken the gas, I would have been able to save myself from this diet I've been forced to eat all week. Before going into my little room, I had new x-rays taken. Letting the nurse know what tooth I wanted worked on, she pointed out another one that needed tending to. I was all for it.
Getting it over with in one visit suited me just fine. So, with the one she pointed out and the one I went in for in the first place, I believe that's two teeth? 1+1=2.
As I'm getting all settled in, in that lovely reclined position, the dentist tells me what he's going to do. Our conversation went something like this:
Dr. Quack: I numb bottom first then come back and numb top. Ok?
Me: Um, why the top?
Dr. Quack: Because you have tooth there. Three teeth I do today. Ok?
Me: Uh, no. It was just two. This one and this one.
Dental assistant: No chart say 3. Ok? Ok.
Me: (thinking I may have missed something). Well, ok.
The procedure starts and I begin the gas after my body goes into it's well known fits. I'm going to get as drugged as I could and hopefully just fall asleep.
Just as I was as high as a kite in the sky in spring, and felt the pressure of the dentist pulling the tooth I knew nothing was wrong with, I hear the dental assistant tell the dentist. "Oh, here's her chart. We had the wrong one."
It was too late and I was too drugged to make sense of it to fight back.
So, this is why soft foods are on my menu for the week. Id rather have a root canal any day over an extraction. I'd also rather have one of these rather than another pudding cup:

Such is life.
3 comments:
Please ignore all the typos. Auto correct and I don't get along.
Oh my! don't tell me they (dentist) pulled the wrong one!!!
I hope it was just a close call!
I certainly will not be visiting a dentist any time soon.. Akk!
Don't worry about the typos, it fits well with my Auto Incorrect!
Lol. No they didn't pull the wrong one, just an extra one. Thankfully it's in the back. Still the idea bothers me a bit.
Post a Comment