My best friend moved back home from Dallas a couple weeks ago, so this week we have been catching up and switching out kids. She has a daughter who is a year younger than Emily, so they have spent the entire week together over here or over at my friend's. Needless to say, it's kept me from being able to do too much of the work I intended to start doing the minute Clayton left for work, which in turn has put me in a non motivational slump. So, I decided to drown myself in some Pinterest to get energized and get busy before I'm completely settled in for too long.
One of the projects I was bound and determined to do (and surprise Clayton upon his return) is to do a complete makeover of one of our bathrooms. Since we have had so many PAST plumbing problems in this home, I've learned a lot about plumbing. I even think it would be fun to accomplish something like an entire bathroom without the help from a man. ;) I can do this!
As I was trying to figure out just which of the 3 bathrooms to do, I realized something I had never realized before. There is not one closet in any of my bathrooms. I mean, I've KNOWN that, but just realized these are the first bathrooms I've EVER seen without some type of linen closet or something in them. No wonder I could never figure out storage in them since we have been here. To add salt to the wound, there's not really any place to put one. The doors open straight against the wall where I can't put anything. My only hope is the fact that the vanity in each bathroom doesn't have to be as big as it is. They aren't huge, but they do take up quite a bit of precious space. That's where I can win the battle of no storage. I think.
I'm still looking and thinking for the right kind of storage, but I don't know if I'll get there until the bathroom is completely gutted and everything is ready. Guess it just may have to wait a while. Bud has moved into his own apartment and is in dire need of furniture and everything else that is needed to live. It'll be fun to shop for him and help him get on his feet. Adam is moving into a dorm, so there's not much he needs at all. Next year, I'll have Morgan's apartment to furnish, but I have all year to kind of stock and save up for that. I may actually get around to my house sooner or later. ;)
I'm also trying to gear up for the new school year. Fall is the busiest time of year for us, even with homeschooling. When things change and our daily routine has to be sacrificed, it's hard to get on a new track. We've also been looking for a new way to do school. I believe we have found our answer, though. You can read about it here.
Also, we have decided to switch bedrooms with Morgan. She's looking forward to having the big bedroom, but I'm not looking forward to repainting, moving the heavy furniture and totally disrupting the house now that I'm just now getting it back in fairly livable conditions after what we've done the past couple months. Oi!
It will be richly needed.
I'm also trying to gear up for the new school year. Fall is the busiest time of year for us, even with homeschooling. When things change and our daily routine has to be sacrificed, it's hard to get on a new track. We've also been looking for a new way to do school. I believe we have found our answer, though. You can read about it here.
Also, we have decided to switch bedrooms with Morgan. She's looking forward to having the big bedroom, but I'm not looking forward to repainting, moving the heavy furniture and totally disrupting the house now that I'm just now getting it back in fairly livable conditions after what we've done the past couple months. Oi!
On a brighter note, we have decided where to go for our family vacation!
Here's a clue:

No comments:
Post a Comment