There have been a lot of changes going on in my life and I didn't want to blog about them until I knew for sure some of those things were actually going to come to pass. Still, nothing is set in stone just yet and I won't be completely sure until next week sometime. Seven to ten days from the 9th of December to be as exact as I can be. Although I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, I guess I'll go ahead and fill you in.
About 4 1/2 years ago, Morgan and I decided we wanted to open a children's boutique. We have had ideas flowing out of our minds so fast we couldn't focus on how to even get started. That's how it was/has been for me anyway. We even had a name right off the bat for it. Mae's. (Named after the 3 loves of my life, my daughters, Morgan, Allison and Emily, of course) Over the years of researching and fighting the urge to go full force before being prepared, we have almost completely discarded the entire boutique idea and replaced it with a little bit of everything else.
I've tried putting it out of my head as much as possible due to lack of a place to have the shop. I figured eventually the perfect location would present itself when the time was right. I wanted an older home as the store, as a lot of the merchandise will be home decor...mostly handmade. I want to be able to stage the merchandise as would be seen in a home to give some decor handicap people an idea of what a certain item would look like in a home.
Well, I'm assuming my time has come because I found the perfect house in a perfect location here in town.
My mind has been totally consumed with this house since I saw it. It's so adorable and since I'm a sucker for older homes, I wouldn't even mind living in it. If it were big enough.
It's not. :(
I close next week. This has been the Longest. Week. Ever.
Want to see some pictures?
I thought so.
(the blurry ones are online screen shots, so be forgiving, please)
About 4 1/2 years ago, Morgan and I decided we wanted to open a children's boutique. We have had ideas flowing out of our minds so fast we couldn't focus on how to even get started. That's how it was/has been for me anyway. We even had a name right off the bat for it. Mae's. (Named after the 3 loves of my life, my daughters, Morgan, Allison and Emily, of course) Over the years of researching and fighting the urge to go full force before being prepared, we have almost completely discarded the entire boutique idea and replaced it with a little bit of everything else.
I've tried putting it out of my head as much as possible due to lack of a place to have the shop. I figured eventually the perfect location would present itself when the time was right. I wanted an older home as the store, as a lot of the merchandise will be home decor...mostly handmade. I want to be able to stage the merchandise as would be seen in a home to give some decor handicap people an idea of what a certain item would look like in a home.
Well, I'm assuming my time has come because I found the perfect house in a perfect location here in town.
My mind has been totally consumed with this house since I saw it. It's so adorable and since I'm a sucker for older homes, I wouldn't even mind living in it. If it were big enough.
It's not. :(
I close next week. This has been the Longest. Week. Ever.
Want to see some pictures?
I thought so.
(the blurry ones are online screen shots, so be forgiving, please)
Can't wait to show the rest once it's mine, all mine. :)
When Christmas is over and the new year rolls around, I'll have more time to get over there and take more pictures and tell you what our services will be and walk you through it all.
It's going to be so much fun!
Yes, I still have this house I'm living in to finish too.





1 comment:
Way to go.....it will be a great thing.
Post a Comment