Sunday, December 18, 2011

More on Mae's

As I wrote the previous post on Mae's, I got excited all over again about it, so I'm writing some more.  I know everyone around here is sick of hearing about it, so I figured I'd find a new audience.  You're welcome.

As you can tell, this house has been updated for the most part.  The siding on the outside really makes it adorable and the addition to the back was the feature that really sold me.  It's a 2 bedroom (TINY bedrooms) 2 bath home.  It has a very small kitchen and dining area.  Everything is just what I wanted, honestly.

Again, these are screen shots from the website, so they are blurry.  Also, since I haven't signed the papers yet, the messes are their's not mine.  (Just making sure you know)



Laundry Room (both sides):



The kitchen:

Back corner of house:

Back of house:


Side:

Dining area:


I'm almost hesitant about putting all this information out there.  I'm so afraid this investment is going to fall through.  Faith.  Faith.  Faith.

It will take a while to get everything started, so there are some things I'm going to use the house for before it actually becomes our little shop.  I've packed up my craft room and am now working on all our homeschooling supplies to take over there first.  Those two categories alone could probably fill this entire house.  Kidding, of course.  Maybe.

I'll be spending the majority of my time during the day at this house.  I'm trying to keep myself from doing any kind of renovations at all until our home is done.  Keeping myself calm will be hard.  It doesn't need anything but paint, really, but the carpet is hiding original hardwood floors.  That is a big NO NO!!  I will abstain.  I promise.

With that being said, here are some ideas that I do want to put into action as soon as I can...

For the kitchen...

I'd like to do something like this:


and for the dining area...

something like this (smaller scale of course):


Since I've looked at this house (Mae's), I have really noticed so much wasted space in my own home.  I mean, really.  The rooms here are so large that it's truly ridiculous.  It'd be ok if it was mostly storage, but as you all know, I have none here.  Still.  I feel like cutting my kitchen and dining room in half just to have an extra room of some sorts.  Mae's is making me very jealous.  I'm just that sucker for old frame homes, I tell ya!  

Can I close already???!!!















No comments: