Thursday, January 26, 2012

Learnin' and Eatin'

The girls and I have been working on school and the new classroom.  It's so nice to be over there, even though it's not even close to being finished.  It's a bit uncomfortable because I still need to get some sort of desks or run to Shreveport to get my large table from my sister to have in there.  I also would like to get a large rug or something to cut down on the echo.  Ceramic tile floors with no curtains and a high ceiling will do that.  In time.

Anyway, learning is what we do in there.




Monday.  AKA Ice Cream Monday for the kids.  It's been a while since we've had it, so they quickly reminded me now that we are pretty much settled in.


This little guy was a gift from my Realtor.  I'm not big on things like this, but he really is adorable.  I needed a place to put our dry erase markers, so I thought about him.  Works nicely, I think.  I probably won't ever put a plant there.  I'm a plant killer.  (room needs a good paint job, but I'm not even going there right now.  Just shows up worse in pictures)


I also bought the first thing for the house that will eventually be Mae's.  (another story, another time, why it won't be immediately)  I love love love it!  (anyone willing to come and get rid of that awful bright yellow paint, bring it on!!)




We've been trying out new recipes this past week.  We've made a pizza pull apart dish sort of made like monkey bread.  I don't think any of us liked it.  Too dry.  Way too dry.  Another one we did was very very good and will be making it again and again.  It's great for an appetizer during the holidays or even a lunch (very filling).  It's extremely simple which is something I'm trying to find for lunches at the new house.  Totally almost mess free.





Here was another crescent recipe we found on Pinterest.  It was a bit of a disappointment, but not entirely.   They didn't cook all the way through, but were plenty browned on top.  By the time they did get finished on the inside, they were too browned and way too dry.  Nutella filled crescents.


Our next recipe will be these breakfast pockets :


This week has been a week of stuffed bread, that's for sure.  Next week I think I'll try everything Crock Pot.








3 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I just love sausage bread. Have you tried those? Great hot or cold.

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Lori, looks like you folks are getting settled in.

Your stuffed breads are making me hungry! They look great, yum, yum..

Lori said...

No, I don't think I have tried the sausage, but it does sound great!

I'm hungry now that I reread this!