Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Beginnings

Well, I got the house!  I've been busy setting up the back room as a classroom and haven't had time to do much more than that.  I've been so happy over there I dread coming back home, back to the work that needs to be done here, back to reality.  I don't have furniture or anything at the new house, so it's a bit uncomfortable for people, including these people I live with, so I've been by myself most of the time over there.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that!

The start of a new year always seems to make people want to start new with whatever in their lives.  I can already tell that's going to be the theme of my life this year.  New.  I can dig it.  I saw on other blogs where people have a word for the new year.  Something that will be with them all year, something they strive for.  I liked that idea so I thought about it for a moment.  My word?  It's simple.  Beginnings.  

There is a lot of changes going on in my life right now.  Things that are out of the blue, things that have been around and ignored for years now, and things I'm too scared to even think about.  The fears I have is what has kept me from changing before.  It's not because of the new year, of course, but suddenly I feel confident enough, strong enough, to make things happen.  The fear won't hold me back now.  I guess it's true about the older, the wiser.  Hmmm, wish I'd have listened when I was younger, right?

I'll get into all that at a later time, but for now, I just wanted to check in and let ya know I was still kicking.

It's going to be a great year!  How's your year going so far?


No comments: