Monday, January 23, 2012

When God Speaks To Others For You

My goals were going ok.  Not perfect, but ok.  I blame too much going on to focus too hard on them.  After all, no one is perfect.

Right?

(Justification of my failures)  

I seriously wasn't being hard on myself at all.  I'm still not, actually.  I do have a different view, however.  I received this text message from my stepson yesterday.





 When I read it, I thought, eh, ok.  Didn't really pertain to me at the time.  At least I didn't think so.  I've never been an avenger.  The scripture he mentioned is why I've never been an avenger.  Then, later on during the day, I was shopping iTunes when I came across a Christian group who is from Monroe, La where we moved from a couple years ago.  This group came to our church several times and I just fell in love with them.  So, seeing them on iTunes was more than thrilling for me.  (I bought every album)  As I impatiently waited for all the songs to finish downloading, I played the first one that was finished.  It.Brought.Me.Back.  Back into the Realm of God that I have been out of for so long now.  Christian?  Yes.  Of course.  Always.  Focused on God wholly?  No.  That's obvious.  I then reread Adam's text message.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  I am ALWAYS telling people who are going through rough times, "It's not WHAT you go through, but HOW you go through it."  I tell them this because I KNOW it to be true!  Being focused on the positive, on God, having faith this too shall pass, KNOWING (time to look up at my subtitle to this blog that's been here all along)..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.   It's right there.  All of it.  Right there in my face and I'm totally not focused on anything but trying to figure out when it's all going to end and when I'll get my break.  


So, even though I really didn't have revenge on my mind,  I realized Adam was saying much more than that.  God is going to rescue me.  He is right here with me, watching everything I'm having to go through.  Everything that will bring honor and glory to him in the long run.  I don't have to worry.  I don't have to let bitterness take a spot in my heart and steal my happiness.  I am only bound if I choose to be.  I choose to have my focus on God.  My Strong Tower.  How ever so quickly I tend to forget.  


So, before I fell too hard again, my lens has been refocused.  I was almost redirected there, but I'm good.


Edited to add this:

I failed to mention the song that downloaded first was one I used to love, but mainly because it was "catchy".  I loved the lyrics before, but yesterday, they really spoke to me!  Funny that this was the first song that downloaded even though it was chosen well down the list.

It's called "All It Takes is a Shout"

The chorus:
All it takes is a shout
and the walls fall down
walk in and claim the ground
that the devil's had too long

All it takes is a shout
with a voice of praise
and a little faith, no doubt
all it takes is a shout

Of course the second verse was VERY powerful:

I've been circling my problems wishing they would disappear
While their yelling and their taunting, keeping my bound in my fear
Now I hear the Spirit saying turn and face your enemy
God has finally won the battle lift your voice and you will see!

Such a blessing to have heard and seen this group in person.

Check them out:







1 comment:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Amen sista! Right on track Lori. Your Heavenly Father is there to see yoiu through. The journey is sometimes rough, but the rewards are great.