Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Room to Breathe

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm going to now.  (I'm pretty sure I have though)  Our home sits on one acre of land.  I'm enjoying about half of that acre.  The rest, around the perimeter, is all grown up with brush.  I've waited over a year for it to be cut away, but nothing has happened yet.  I saw a guy the other day doing some work on my neighbor's yard, so stopped and asked him if he'd take a look at mine.  He did.  He was supposed to come out yesterday to start on it, but called instead giving me a quote.  I didn't like that quote.  Now, I'm giving it back to Uncle Dudley and he's coming out Saturday.  Let me just share with you what I've been tolerating the last 1 plus year.


This is our driveway looking out to our neighbor's house across the street.  I can barely get in without scratching my car to pieces.  Actually, some of this has already been cut away.  I'll need a bit more privacy once all that to the left is cut.  I'm thinking Bradford Pears.  I don't know how fast they grow though.

And this is the opposite direction as you come into our driveway.  The cleared area to the side is our front yard.  Take note how deep the brush is and that's not all of it.
A view from the front corner of the house and the front yard.
View from my front door.  Not pretty.
From front door looking to the left side of the property. 


Far back corner of the house looking at piece of back yard.

More of behind house.



About half the side yard where the most land is.  It's about twice this big, but still more narrow than it should be due to all the brush.  Oh and there's a beautiful creek right past that brush.

I have my privacy, that's no doubt.

I only have one house that I'll be able to see after all the brush is out of the way.  We are still tucked away deep in the area.  On three sides of the house beyond the brush is property that won't ever be for sale because it belongs to the city.  On the side yard and front yard, is a walking park that's kept up fairly well.  The back yard (beyond the brush) is an electric substation and woods.  I'm not worried about privacy once all this is cut.

I just can't wait.

No comments: