Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time With Family

We just celebrated Morgan's 18th birthday this weekend. It was such a joy to be around all her family. It always is. This family is truly an ideal one. The type of family who loves unconditionally, shows no favorites, and are there in the time of need for each and every member. I was legally divorced out of it 15 years ago, but they will always be considered family to me. Each and every one of them hold a special place in my heart and I love them dearly.

Morgan's party was a success. We got started a little late, but it didn't matter. It lasted for hours and we were able to get videos and pictures that I know Morgan will always cherish. Her gifts were spectacular; each of them fitting Morgan and her personality perfectly. Aunt Iris had Aunt Debbie make Morgan a scrapbook out of pictures she had of her when she was little. As soon as I saw it, I shed tears. A little embarrassing, now that I think about it, but I can't help it. I miss those big blue eyes and perfect blonde hair. Along with her gifts, she collected $200 in cash.  She also received some beautiful jewelry I'll be borrowing in the near future. ;)

Aunt Debs, Sandra, and I worked on setting everything up the day before the party, but the next day is when all the real work was in order. There was help from everyone, but the most help came from Aunt Connie, Uncle Carl, and Aunt Debbie. Aunt Connie tried her hand at making fruit bouquets and did an AWESOME job, to say the least.


I have to give Uncle Carl the credit for the pirouettes added in there. I didn't know he had it in him. Nice touch! Aunt Connie, thank you sooooo much for all you did! You are truly wonderful! I just wanted you guys to come down for the party, and you went above and beyond the call of duty. I love you!


I didn't get very many pictures, and I don't know why! My mind was just scattered, I guess, but there were others who got pictures too, which I can't wait to see. Allison captured this on video, which makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Emily met Uncle Carl a few years ago.  At that time, he had bounced her on his knee and sang a song to her.  She has never forgotten it or him and looked forward to seeing him again at the party.  Even though he seemed to have forgotten the lyrics, Aunt Connie stepped in and reminded him.  Emily got what she was looking forward to and I got it on video.




I think she tired him out.  Uncle Carl keeps everything fun.

Let's not forget Uncle Dudley.  He's just as fun, but he is more on the mischievous side.  As we were cleaning up, I heard him giggling as he was handing out helium balloons to any takers.  After Valentine's Day this year, my kids have already had enough helium in their lungs to last them until adulthood.  That didn't stop them from resisting his dares.


I thoroughly enjoyed the party and visiting with the family.  This family brings out the best in a person and I'm so grateful I'm still considered part of it.

3 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

It was a fun party, thanks so much for including us. YOU will always be family to us!!!!!!

Lori said...

....and the tears flow again. :)

Steph said...

I am so glad Morgan's party was a success! Really wish we could have made it, but so glad you got pictures and video. I LOVE the way Morgan and her friends dress. Very trending and cute. You are such a great mom! :)