Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Tribute to Oliver

I want to have a garden this year, so the girls and I headed to the feed store yesterday. Of course, the ducklings and chicks are for sale right now and the girls fell in love. Emily wound up with a little chick. Morgan and Allison shared a duckling. They named the duckling, Oliver. I quite like that name.


Have you ever seen the movie "Fly Away Home"? That's Oliver and Allison.


Oliver followed Allison around all day yesterday. Everywhere she went.


Last night, she put him in his box in her room. Somehow he got up on her bed in the middle of the night. Allison woke up with tears this morning because she had found him under her. :'( She was so upset, not only that she had caused his death, but that she knew he must have suffered.


Sweet little guy.  Poor Allison. 

I bought two more this morning.  So far, they just aren't quite the same.  We will see how it goes.  I also bought a cage so Angel won't get them. 

3 comments:

Steph said...

He died?!??? omg!!! that is sooo sad!!

Lori said...

Yes, it was very sad. We all got attached to him very quickly. The two replacements I bought yesterday are cute, but just not the same. They are slowly winning our hearts.

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Awwwww. poor Oliver!So sad for the girls..,,.