Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Eve

We spent a few hours in the ER today, of all days. We don't have a family doctor here yet, and Allison's been complaining of leg pain all week. Morgan woke up with a sore throat a couple days ago and didn't feel well all day, so I figured I'd just take them in to the ER and see what was up. Morgan tested negative for strep on the first culture. We have to wait 3 days for the next test to come in. So, for now, no meds. Allison had x-rays and the doctor said it looked to be Osgood Schlatters. I was told that about my own knee many times from the time I was her age until a couple years ago. They were all wrong. Mine was a torn ACL. So, today was basically a wasted trip. No meds and no relief for my girls.

I've been in a crabby mood today, maybe because I know they don't feel well. When we came home from the doctor, Morgan and I were adding the finishing touches to a gift and we wound up ruining it. Not a good day for that to happen. So, I took a time out and even though I'm really in need of my bed right now, I've decided to make something out of nothing, just to get those creative juices flowing the way they should. I'm about to make something out of these:
A $1 frame and a post-it note pad I had in my office supply stash. I HEART office supplies! Weird, I know. I'm unique.
So, I'm off to create something. I'll post a picture of it when I'm done, unless it turns out like the rest of my day did. By the time you have read this, I'm sure Christmas is over, so I hope you all had a wonderful and healthy Christmas 2010!

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Can't wait to see..and you are not weird..I'll confess, one of my favorite shopping & buying is at Michaels in the office supply department, 'course I love Office Depot!

Lori said...

Yes, take me to Office Depot or Staples ANY DAY!