I was arranging my laundry room, getting ready for the oh so coveted new dryer to finally arrive, when I wound up with a boo boo. I had an open box full of picture frames laying next to some cabinets in there. One of the frames in that box was torn apart and the glass was sticking out over the side. I swiped my leg right next to it and literally sliced it open. I had no idea the damage I had done, so continued to walk across the house to my bedroom. I seriously thought I had just scraped it. It was starting to sting a little, so I sat down and looked at it, realizing I was going to need stitches. It still didn't look as bad as it really was. It looked deep enough for stitches, but didn't realize the tissue I saw was actually the inside of my leg. YUCK!
I'll spare you what I saw, but here's what it looked like after the stitches:
I know....EWWWW!!
My washer is red. My dryer is burgundy! All this waiting and this is what I get! Doesn't even come close to matching, of course. With everything I went through to get it, it's staying. I don't care. Maybe I'll get another one to match one day, but not this day. REALLY?? I'm just too exhausted to care.
With me not being able to really move around, I couldn't exactly stay in the kitchen to cook lunch, so the girls requested McDonald's. Still not being able to drive, and Allison feeling like Queen of the Jeep, she drove me to McDonald's. She had so much fun being the one to place the order. Ha!
She's my big girl!

8 comments:
Well, at least you didn't cut it OFF!!!! See, always look for the silver lining. Hope it heals quickly.
As far as Allison is concerned, to a policeman that didn't pay too much attention, your driver's license picture could pass for her. Next time, put makeup on her with a few crow's feet drawn in...LOL.....Just kidding................ Actually, YOU don't even look old enough to be you!
LOL!! I do have the crow's feet coming on! Thanks. Actually, when you saw me a couple weeks ago, you saw me at TIRED. I can pretty much hide age under a tad of makeup.
I'll continue to look for that silver lining. I've had people concerned about the scar that will be left behind. I'm so not worried about a scar. Who cares?
You poor thing! Thank goodness your 14yo sweetie Could drive for you! I have a 12yo son who thinks he should be able to run errands for me! hehe! soon enough my boy soon enough! Then he'll be groaning every time I ask for something! lol! Take care, hope it's all better now! ;)
How is your leg?
Ouch! I hope that heals soon.
Thanks for the get well wishes. It's better...maybe. I can't really tell. It's swelling these days but possibly because I'm on it more than I was?
Thanks for following my blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your leg - oh my!!
Thanks. Stitches come out here in just a few minutes...and I'm scared to death!
Post a Comment