Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fuschia Plurn



Meet Fuschia Plurn.

She's a gift from me to Morgan about a year ago when I realized she would have to make her costumes for her performances.  Her name?  Well, it's silly, but that's just how we roll around here.  I said she was a fuschia color, but Morgan disagreed.  We decided to look on the box and it said Plum.  The "m" was scratched a little, so I thought it said "plurn"  After a silly laugh, we called her that from then on. 

She's my help-mate when Morgan's not here since she is set at Morgan's measurements.  I haven't had to use her since the last time I tried this maid costume making thing, but we decided to bring her out again to see if she'd be a better help than last time.  So far so good.  I haven't ironed the seams yet, so it looks crooked in the picture, but seriously, it's straight.




Lori - 1     Simplicity - 0

Ok, honestly, the score is tied right now.  I'm really not in the lead.  I did have to rip some seams and Morgan caught me with her camera.  This was only one seam...so far.


Day 3 progress:  (didn't do anything on Day 2)

All fabric cut out
Skirt panels sewn together
Straps and bodice sewn

Yay for me.  I'm not crazy...yet.

1 comment:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Nice to meet ya Fuschia!