Cameron joined a small acting class and really enjoyed it. He's quite the character actually and we have known from the start that he's going to be in show business one day. He is constantly writing scripts and has since he was very young. The class is over now, and he won an award (looked like an Academy Award) for Best Stunt Fall. I'm so glad he's getting a chance to do this. It really is his element.
Morgan goes to Dallas in a few days to record her first single. How cool is that? She won't even tell me what the song is about, what it sounds like, what it's called, nothing. She said I'm just going to have to wait and see like everyone else. Huh? Where's the mom's rights anyway?
Bud went to church camp in New Mexico last week and received a major blessing from God. He told us all about it and has decided to become a pastor instead of a coach. Very, very awesome. I'm so proud of him for heading in the direction and following what he believes is what God wants him to do.
So anyway, on with the regular blogging :)
I am loving my new wall so much, but I'm not finished with it yet. I've got about one more float job to do on it and I'll be finished for now. We still have a few more pieces (narrow) of drywall to hang, but for the most part, it's finished. It has surprisingly and thankfully been raining the last few days, so we have held off on getting anything and chancing it getting wet.
The doors aren't in yet either, and I still have to buy paint. We are just taking our time and going with the flow of things. I do feel like I'm in a different house, though. Feels so so homey. Just what I was shooting for!
Clayton took all the kids to the movies the other night and I spent my time alone to do some window shopping for the new appliances we will have in the new kitchen. I saw a couple refrigerators a few days ago that I really loved, but when I looked deeper I do believe I found THE one for us. I read consumer reports on this brand and to my surprise there were a lot of perfect reviews on it. So, that's great news!
Pictures online rarely do justice for anything so if you are ever in a place where LG appliances are sold be sure to check out these items:
The LED lights are a very nice touch.
Gotta have my gas range!!
While I was out, I had to give Home Depot a visit, of course. I toured the ever so coveted kitchens. I found the cabinets I want. Clayton and I have repeatedly changed our minds about whether he's going to build them or if we are going to order them. We just aren't totally positive yet on it all. It's such a big decision! We always seem to know exactly what we want until we are ready to do it. You know, that doubt starts setting in on things. So, since the wall being built has left my current refrigerator homeless, Clayton leaving for work too soon, and our fickle minds, I've decided to work with what I have forth time being. The kitchen I saw today fits perfectly into that plan. The cabinets were a very subtle sage greenish gray. I just fell in love with that color on cabinets! Truth be known though, I don't want to buy a new kitchen like that because that color to me would be just a fad. A kitchen is too large an investment for something that's just an in and back out color.
The plan:
The kitchen now has a space too wide for the current range. My range is gas and there's not line running to the kitchen, so I've had to be without it and cooking electric all this time we have been here. (I long to have my gas stove back!). With Clayton off to work soon, and not deciding just what to do about the new kitchen right now, we are going to just scoot the end cabinet toward the range and make room for the refrigerator to go basically where it was before the wall was up (just a few inches over a bit).
With all this going on, I'm also changing my decor. I'm surprised I've gone this long with what I have now. It's been over a year now. Very, very odd for me. I'm excited for the changes and knowing the choice in design I've made can be done on the inexpensive side suits me just fine! I can also use a lot of what I already have. When Clayton comes back from work next time, I'm sure he'll roll his eyes at the fact that the very recent refinished armoire in the dining room will once again be a different color. Gotta love wood, right? It's almost impossible to ruin.
I'm satisified with whatever and whenever we decide to do the total makeover of the kitchen. The ONLY problem I have with more quick fixes in the kitchen is the countertops. I know it doesn't cost much to lay a sheet of laminate down, even over what's already in there, so I may go that route so I can have my cool looking paint job on the old cabinets. I just can't have both. Then again, I could just wait until Clayton gets back home and take things from there.
Or can I?
Probably not.



1 comment:
You have been so busy! I love your ideas for your kitchen, and the appliances you showed look wonderful. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
And also, those are all very neat happenings with your children! Isn't it amazing how even when they are young, you can almost see who they will become, what they will do?
I hope you have had a good week, and that your weekend is a great one! :)
Blessings,
Jenni
Post a Comment