Friday, July 1, 2011

Dos and Don'ts

Aging is showing it's ugly face quite frequently lately.  I have to be in bed by 9pm or I'm a walking zombie the next day.  Today the girls and I spent some time together in Beaumont and the mall was too much for me.  I think the girls could have lasted another few hours there, but not me.  Not this day.

I was worn out before the girls even got started, so I decided to get a new "do".  Mistake, I think.  I can't figure out why hairdressers can look at a picture of a haircut you want, say things like "oh, yes", and "sure, that's simple", or even suggest a picture themselves and you are all for it.  Yet in the end, they can't pull it off or even anything remotely resembling anything in the picture.  Of course, my favorite is this:  "I don't want chunky highlights."  "So you want them to blend in and look more natural?"  "Yes, very thin and blending."  "Sure, no problem."  So, you put your faith and trust in this one hairdresser you think finally has it all figured out.  They finish your hair with the ever so famous words, "Oh, you are gonna love it!" while they spin you around to look in the mirror they've hidden you from the entire time.  Only to find highlights and lowlights in the most chunky form and your hair even chunkier cut.  Hmph!

Oh well, at least I had a chance to sit and relax while someone washed my hair for me.  It's as close to a spa I'm going to get until our next trip to Dallas.

I'm too tired to even want to play with my hair.

The flooring is waiting to be installed.  I'm letting it acclimate one more day or so before I begin.  I want to do at least one more good cleaning of the concrete too, so it may be a few more days.  We shall see.  I'm so looking forward to it, but even too tired to think about even that right now.

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed weekend. :)


1 comment:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I want to see your hair. I'll bet it looks good.