Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Hunt for a Table


I found what I thought would be the perfect table for our kitchen banquette for only $25 on Craigslist. Just before I made plans to pick it up I realized it wouldn't work. Why? Because it had four legs and I knew the only way it would fit with the benches would be to have it scooted all the way up...in other words no room for human legs. That just wasn't going to work.

Clayton said he could build a pedestal but it would be more squared off than I would like, so I put my thinking cap on to try to figure out a different approach.

These ideas may not work in the real world but in my mind they work out perfectly.

What about using a concrete birdbath?












Or maybe even a large heavy urn?








Why not?

No comments: