Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maybe it's Maybelline

Well, here it is.  The PRE-after pictures of the wall we put up between the kitchen and dining room.  I'm in love and can't stop staring, even though I have no decor up, crown moulding or a whole bunch of other stuff.  I'm chomping at the bit, though, to get it done.  It's seems to be taking forever!  This is just one wall too, so I may go completely insane before it's over.


Drywall dust and all.




The casing used around the french doors was NOT what I had in mind, but it will work (for now) I was forced to get something at the moment and refused to travel out of town to a Lowe's or Home Depot.   I was in my car all day that day as it was.

So, where did the title of this blog come from?  Ha!  Well, let me explain a bit.  

I had the WORST time picking out beige paint.  That's been going on for over a year and a half now.  EVERYTHING looked green in my house.  EVERYTHING!  The green undertones of the different beige I was choosing would dominate once it was on the walls.  So, this time around, I had the same problem, but actually took the time to bring home paint swatches instead of gallons of paint at a time.  I compared it to white, I compared it in light, I did it all.  Only a few weren't green, but instead, yellow.  Too yellow.  There was one that I stuck up on the wall on a whim, and even though I felt it was too tan, (with orangy undertones) I decided I'd try that if anything.  It was the only thing working and it was really darker than I had planned.  I decided to take that swatch in and try to find something a little lighter.  Still a little unsure, I found a color and went with it.  The entire time I was slapping it on, I had that makeup jingle in my head because it looked like I was painting with foundation.  Of course, I began to hate it just because of the thought of it looking like makeup, but kept on trucking.  Turns out, I love it.  Such relief!

As far as decor, I have a small writing desk I'm putting in on the right side of the doors and I plan to do something like this on the left:


I will put something like that somewhere in my dining room.  I love it too much.

So, there you have it....for now.

We have had family in and out for the past couple weeks and after things slow down a bit, then maybe I can catch up on all that needs to be done.

Can't wait to see what the FINISHED product will look like!  Wait..is there a such thing as finished?

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I love it!!!! Can't wait to see the finished produce with all of the decor.

Lori said...

Thank ya! I don't plan on decorating my produce though..lol j/k Now, on to the kitchen while I figure out furniture placement in the dining room to go with the decor.