Ok, here are some pictures of what was once my kitchen here in this house. These are the only ones I have, so I apologize for you having to strain your eyes to see. I'm not putting them here as a before picture, but merely to see what open space I'm talking about that I just can't come to grips with. They were taken at night, so they are uber dark and this is long before I painted anything the way it is now. I think this is right after I did start painting everything over a year ago. Will take more of the way it is now when I can get all the girls' things back in their rooms where they belong. I also have an island in my kitchen now which doesn't help with that open feel much at all. (just gives me something to have to sweep and mop around)
AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY KITCHEN RIGHT NOW!!!
get it? got it? good! :)
Don't you just LOOOVE 1.3 megapixal cameras?
Even though these are terrible pictures and the kitchen should win an award for Ugliest Kitchen, it was worse when we first moved in. WAY WORSE!!! I'll post those as my before pictures.
The men are waiting on me to say when before they start building my wall. I am hoping to get the french doors installed the same day, but we shall see.
There is still a lot of room on this side of the camera from the dining room table. These are roughly the dimensions of everything here:
Now:
Kitchen and dining room combo - 25ft x 18ft
After wall will be up:
Kitchen - 14ft x 18ft
See, still PLENTY big enough.
Oh, also wanted to add that Clayton decided to build the kitchen cabinets. He does remarkable work and built our kitchen once before in another home. I trust his work with everything in me. BUT, at first I told him no because I wanted a certain finish on my cabinets that I knew he wasn't capable of doing. I'm the painter around here, he's the stainer. I wasn't even sure I could pull it off and really didn't feel like doing it myself. Then, I thought about it more and knowing how much cheaper it would be for him to build them and researching the quality of some of those I looked at at Lowe's and Home Depot, I'm going to let him dig into this project. Sooo, I may have a new kitchen before I realize!!! :)
I will TRY to post pictures of the "now" kitchen in the next few days.


1 comment:
Definitely way too open. French doors is the answer. Mine would probably appear to be that open also, but I have "beginning" walls for both my kitchen and living room which helps tremendously, so it really looks like an extra large entry.
Good luck, can't wait to see.
Post a Comment