Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Coolest of Family Nights

Ok, so today was another failure in the exercise world.  I walked 1/2 mile.  My walking partner's legs were jelly today so she could hardly stand.  Allison walked with me at soccer practice and decided she didn't want to accompany me very long.  I planned to walk once we got home, but I brought one of my dear friends home with me from the soccer field.  This is why:

I surprised the family yesterday with an idea Morgan had a few weeks ago.  It's not perfect, but it does the job amazingly.

Welcome to the Hood Family Cinema:



It's amazing what a little PVC pipe, velcro and painters canvas can do, right? 

We are really wanting the burn ban to go away now so we can have hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire and really enjoy being outside in the cooler weather.  We put the whole set up in the backyard near the outdoor kitchen.  It was originally meant for fun, not meant to spend a lot of money.  I can see it now, though.  I'm sure this will all be tweaked a bit for a more permanent feature.  That's just how Clayton is.

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Really cool. Great family memories are being made.

Lori said...

Yes. It's so much fun. We've watched it several times so far. Having company over this weekend to do it again. :)