Monday, September 12, 2011

Yuck!

I'm taking a break right now, trying to muster up the courage to finish tearing out the last of the walls in the bathroom.  I pulled up the toilet and moved out the vanity and started ripping out what was left.  This is by far the most disgusting job I've ever done.  That includes sewer problems, ok?  The back of the vanity at the bottom was damp, so there of course is stink that wasn't noticed at all until the cabinet was moved.  There's evidence of things long gone that I wouldn't want in my house.  EVER.  The adjoining wall which is Allison's room is patched with newspaper.  Newspaper.  Hmmm.  That wall will be replaced soon.

I only have a little bit left where the water valves are.  The bathroom was wainscoted with some type of wallboard that is harder to break away from around anything.  We are trying not to have to turn the water main off, especially this time of night when baths, dishes, and laundry is done, so that's why we are avoiding just undoing everything. 

This job is so disgusting I've almost lost my momentum.  

We bought a door today for the bathroom.  All the interior doors in this house are just plain builder grade doors.  Doors really make a space, so we want to go in with all new.  I planned to buy the 6 panel doors, but decided for only a couple bucks more we bought this kind:

Of course, you can't tell how pretty it will be just from this picture, but you get the idea.  It'll have the same type of door handles that my french doors have.  So pretty.

I really want to show a lot of progress in the next day or two, so I better bust a move.

3 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Love that door. I "still" have to decide if I want mine stained or painted. Only been 4 years....LOL

Lori said...

Stain first, then if you don't like, paint.

Jenni said...

Hi Lori! That door is so pretty, and I can see why you bought it! It will look so nice in your bathroom. :) And I truly symphathize with you regarding your bathroom dilemma. It sounds a lot like our hall bathroom was! Reading this brings back so many memories. You have got to be so tired of it all! But your bathroom will be so beautiful when it's all said and done, and you'll be so proud! :)

I hope you are doing well, besides the bathroom, of course! :)

Blessings,
Jenni