Morgan wrote a poem about 5 or 6 years ago (6th or 7th grade) when she was still in public school. She was always the worst of my bunch to forget about a project until the night before and I'd always wind up having to help her complete it. This time, the only thing different was she wouldn't let me help her. The project was for her to write a poem on any inanimate object. It took her probably 30 minutes tops to come up with her poem. I had come across it a couple years ago and after showing it off, I couldn't remember where I had put it. :( The other day, we found it on our computer and I was THRILLED! I had it professionally printed into a small poster and it came in a few days later. This is what it read:
"Kinderland"
Gazing through a lot of stuff,
I find a familiar book.
I'm sure that you have heard of it,
It is quite a look.
Two kittens on the cover,
Some flowers and a bow,
A cuddly heart is on the front
With "Diary" written below.
Unlatching the lock
I peer inside
To see what secrets
It has to hide.
So many adventures
That could be shared
Like what made me laugh
And what made me scared.
Tales of paper angels,
Christmas trees and lights,
Of how the decorations
Made the room shine bright.
Closing the pages,
Locking the latch,
Making the cover
Line up and match
I never thought I'd find this book,
The one held in my hand.
I doze off to sleep right now
To dream of Kinderland.
Isn't it great? Her teacher thought so too!
ALSO...this and two more projects she's done the night before, after bedtime (one the morning it was due), the teacher has KEPT for examples to future students. This recognition never helped my battle with her procrastinating!!
2 comments:
Sounds so familiar. I love finding little treasures like this. I found a copy of a recipe book that Greg made from kindergarten, absolutely priceless!
Absolutely!
Post a Comment