Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

I wouldn't really consider this snow, but when it's avoided you like it has me, any amount of white on the ground is considered a "snow day" for us. It was supposed to have snowed for hours but it didn't, and by the next morning it had turned to ice. Still a little bit was fun enough.

Emily and I woke early the day after the snowfall and with nothing to eat at my mom's, we decided to take off to McDonald's for breakfast. We got there about 10 minutes before they opened, so I parked in the back to quickly be able to swing back through the drive-thru when they were finally open. As we were sitting in the car, Emily decided she wanted to get out and play in what snow ice that was left on the ground. Where she was playing was on a tiny bit of a slope and as I watched her play, the joy in her eyes and big grin on her face made me jump out of the car and look in the back to see if there was possibly anything at hand she could use for a sled. Sure enough, Allison had a plastic bin back there. I quickly grabbed the lid and gave it to Emily and watched her race back up to the top of the "hill". Love quick little fixes like that.


McDonald's finally opened so we grabbed our food, went back to Mom's, packed up and headed out, killing hours of time on a very cold day, all day, in Shreveport. I was too afraid to drive on the interstate and really had to wait until I knew it was open again.

There's a place there called Norton's Art Gallery (I believe), so we decided to go check it out to see what it looked like with a little bit of snow on the ground. Since it's very hilly terrain, Emily grabbed the bin lid once more :)


That didn't work out as well.

So, I'm steadily freezing and the girls didn't want to leave just yet. They just kept wanting me to snap pictures of them acting silly. They are blurry because even my anti-shake couldn't keep up with my shivers.

I wonder who my girls get their personalities from... ;)

No comments: