Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home Projects at a Halt

Emily's room got painted, but it's the wrong color.  I had taken a picture with my phone of the inspiration photo for her room. Having my phone with me, I matched it the best I could, but it turned out a little too grape-ish (hmm, is that even a word?  I doubt it.)  I know Bud isn't going to want to think about paint for a while, so we may just go with what's there for now.  I'm terrible about judging things before they are finished anyway.

We have to slow down a bit on all our home projects.  I still haven't decorated the new kitchen/dining room wall.  I keep getting way ahead of myself on other projects.  It's time to slow down and take a breather because our schedule is getting crazier and crazier.  Home projects are going to be more of a weekend thing, I believe, even though the weekends are going to be busy as well.

The girls signed up for entries in the upcoming county fair.  Morgan is entering jewelry and bread.  She makes one mean zucchini bread!  Allison is entering photography and probably some sort of food item.  (she's been gone for the last couple weeks and hasn't been able to see the complete list)  Emily is entering wearable art and cookies.  This will be their very first entries in a county fair, but I have a very vague memory of Morgan entering a painted picture back in elementary school and winning 3rd place.  She doesn't remember and I'm wondering why I didn't keep up with it.  Next year, there will be livestock entries.  Oh boy. 

I am hosting a fall festival here at our home for our homeschool group in October.  I have the tendency to go all out on things, so I have to watch myself.  I have a few moms who have offered to help, so I think I'm going to let that happen.  I'm excited about it!  I'm also creating the homeschool group's yearbook this year.  For the activities some of the other kids are doing, that I wouldn't normally go to, I'll be there as much as possible to make sure there are photos taken of everything we want to include in the yearbook.  Our homeschool group is very active in a lot of areas, so this will be some hard work going on.

So, not really a whole lot of time to worry with little things like putting pictures up on a wall.  We won't be home long enough to enjoy them anway.

Can I take a nap now?

.....zzzzzz



1 comment:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

You deserve a nap! Girl, you have a lot on your plate.