Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lifestyle Change

Two years ago, almost exactly, we were watching tv in a hotel room. It was late so the only thing on was, of course, infomercials. Now, I have been known as THE sucker for all those fabulous products offered while Clayton, on the other hand, looks at them the way he looks at life. Not a pessimist, a realist (as he puts it). Instead of changing the channel or just simply turning the tv off, he was watching and was actually showing a little bit of positivity for it. That product was P90X. I had gotten off the infomercial kick at that time, but watching him getting so interested in it, I decided to order it. Just as I planned, we began our journey toward getting fit. He took what he needed to work while I kept what I needed at home. I'm not sure how long he worked on it, but I remember mine ever so clearly.

The first day was not a big deal at all. The second day I was sore, but no more than expected. The third day, my legs were like cooked noodles and I felt muscles in places I never felt before. By the fourth day, I caved. If I could have walked, I would have pressed on. I couldn't do anything. That's when I gave up. Pathetic, right? What made it so bad was that after I had given up, that's when everyone told me I should have pressed on because the third and fourth day was the worst. They were right. The fifth day, I wasn't even sore...at all. I should have continued.

Our wonderful product I bought on tv that night has now been in the tv stand since.

Last week Bud asked if he could borrow it. Well, I guess I could wait for his 90 days to be up before trying to start it again. Not a problem. After that, I've been seeing the program on a daily basis and it's calling my name. I just may keep it here at home and let him have it after my 90 days is over. That's what I'm thinking will happen.

I've been thin my entire life up until about 5 years ago. I'm not obese, but I'm not where I want to be either. I realize I'm getting older and with the extra weight on me, I look older. Older than I feel I should look. I did lose 23 lbs the beginning of this year,but gained back 10 of those lbs since. Luckily, I haven't gained the entire shebang, but I was on such a role that I gave up that plan because I thought I was a lot thinner than I actually was. Pictures proved otherwise.

Sooooo, here's the game plan. After Clayton returns home, I'm forcing him to do this with me. He's a very stubborn man when it comes to areas he knows he needs to change, so when he starts working out, he goes full force and over works himself thinking he can do what he did when he was in the Marines. Ha! Even if we were both in shape, I assure you, we can't do what we did when we were 19. I don't care what those infomercials will promise me.

I'm going to blog about my P90X. Every single pain infused day. Starting Sunday. I'd love to start Thursday since it's the first of the month, but Clayton and I are going out Saturday on a murder mystery dinner cruise. If I start Thursday, Saturday would be that horrific third day. No, I'm not already making excuses. I promise.

I will not be providing comic relief for you all by including pictures. That just wouldn't be fun for me at all.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Aw, come on, we need a little comic relief...good luck on the journey, but keep at it. You can succeed!

Lori said...

LOL Thanks. I will do this! You may need to hold me accountable, though..haha

No comic relief!