Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back to the Basics Family Time

After yesterday being so dreadfully dull, we all decided we were going to get out and go do something today.  There were mixed ideas about where to go.  I wanted to go as far as Houston, Clayton was settling for the movies, the kids wanted to go to a family entertainment center.  After a while of pondering what to do, mine and Clayton's energy was drained and we just wanted to take a nap.  Instead of the nap, I suggested we do something at home like we used to do in the earlier days.  No money spent and memories made.  That's the best anyway.

We are under a major burn ban here.  Our little area is still fighting a wildfire that took off a few days ago.  Everything is entirely too dry to have even a tiny little weiner roast.  Now, we can have them if we had a little firepit outside, but we've never broke down and bought one.  As I said out loud how I wish there wasn't a burn ban in effect, that we could have a weiner roast, Clayton and Allison both suggested we just use the fireplace.  Of course!

We took off to get a couple new movies and some more weiners (I've been on a daily hotdog binge lately).

Clayton chopped some firewood for us and we started our little night.




This was perhaps the best hotdog I've ever had.  Seriously.



Time for movies.....



They made me stop taking pictures after this.  Something about trying to watch a movie???

We watched "127 hours".  Great movie.  Too much gore for me though at one point..and some choice words I don't choose.  It wasn't at all what I was expecting.  It's worth a watch.

Oh, I almost forgot this picture.  Allison was roasting a marshmallow when the log fell and made a really loud noise along with A LOT of sparks.  It even made me jump.  She just jumped halfway across the room.



Haha.  Good times.



1 comment:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I just love memory making days.