Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Standing on Holey Ground

Yes, I meant Holey, not Holy.





This was just yesterday.  They've dug more today.

Even the plumbers had a fit.  I'm not sure what all went on, but they were here all day yesterday and came back today.  They said the lines beat all they ever saw, that they forked off in all different directions.  They've had to dig to no end just to see what lines were being used.  I don't think they've even figured it out yet, but the lines are clear.  I'm just afraid they aren't exactly fixed because this has happened before and they cleared on their own.  For a while.  I don't want this coming back again.  Not for years anyway.

They had to go through the vent on the roof with the snake.  It got stuck.  It remained on my roof throughout the night and so far, it's still stuck at the moment.  They've fiddled with it but still aren't finding a solution as to how to get it out.

I'm thinking the entire system is going to have to eventually be redone one day.  In one spot where we can see, it's about an 8x4ft area and there are pipes in every direction.  I'm guessing this could be an issue with the thing getting backed up?  Too many curves in a confined area.  Who knows?  I'm not a plumber.  That's just my thoughts.

The original quote to snake the pipes was $125.  Not bad for all the problems.  I'm guessing after two days and counting, it's shot up well above that.  Ouch.

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Ouch is right.....BUT... unfortunately, it must be done. Hopefully problem will be resolved completely & SOON.

Our Life in God's Country said...

Now that I have had good laugh at your title. And now I have the song.Standing on Holy Ground going thru my head. Hope they get the problem fixed SOON!!! We had to put a new system down a few years ago. not fun but it resolved the problems where we having.