Clayton's not a mushy type of dad, but if there is any holiday that has to be recognized, it's Easter. I'm not talking about for the true reason we celebrate it either. I remember in our first years of marriage, the kids may not have gotten much for Christmas, but they were going to get a basket and a chocolate bunny for Easter, even if we were flat broke. I didn't even think about Easter baskets or chocolate bunnies this year. Maybe because I just felt like they were too "old", or maybe I just didn't get into the spirit of things, I don't know. He took off yesterday morning, though, by himself, and brought back Easter baskets filled with goodies. He did a great job picking them out to fit the personality of each girl. Way to go, Dad!
Last year, Clayton being the fun Easter dad that he is, played a game with all the kids once the eggs were found. He had a few eggs left over, some with money in them, some with candy, and some empty, having each of them gamble on trading one of their eggs for one he had. Yes, teaching the kids to gamble, but it was truly fun to watch them try to decide what they should do. This year, he stuffed and hid three eggs as prize eggs with more money than I would have agreed with, had I known. Luckily, our teens found two of them. (that's my girls, knowing where the cash is stashed!) ;) He also stuffed some with Brazilian money, which I thought was pretty hilarious.
Even Grandma's goat wanted to join in!
Happy Easter, everyone! Let's not forget the true meaning of Easter. Thank you, Jesus!
1 comment:
Very nice pictures! We had an Easter egg hunt at our house today too, but we had to do it inside because it was raining again.
Post a Comment