Monday, April 18, 2011

My New Workspace

I have been completely worthless today. Totally bored out of my mind. I almost cried due to being so bored. I have plenty to do. PLENTY. Energy, nada. Now that it's time for bed, I'm getting much better. Figures.

There was one thing that was accomplished today. Totally out of a "Just Do It" thing.
About a year ago we took a door down that lead from our laundry room to our kitchen. It was an exterior door so it had to go. I've tried burning it a few times before, but Clayton has always stopped me, saying he'll use it for something one day. Well, today was the day. It's a solid core door, so I knew it could be used for something. It just saw it's last "in the way" day today.

I know, it's not an original idea, but I used it anyway. We cut about 6 inches off the length and now it fits perfectly in my craft room as a desktop. Where the knob and deadbolt holes are, that's where the wires and such will go for my computer and other electrical items in there. I'm loving the workspace it provides for me.

I was going to paint it, but decided not to right now.  I may decoupage it with my lomography, I don't know.  I will paint the edge that shows though.  I also wanted to just lay it on top of Clayton's aluminum saw horses, but he wouldn't give them to me. :( Oh well, would have probably limited my storage space that way anyway.

I have it piled high with everything that was on the floor around the perimeter of the room, but it's holding up. I'll get around to cleaning it off once I get out of this slump I'm in. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

This room is still not painted, obviously still not organized, etc. One day, one day. This is just a little room off of my laundry room opposite the kitchen side. It was first used for Cameron's room when he'd come to stay but after the water heater went out and flooded that room, it ruined his bed. Since then, it's just been my craft room, catch all junk room. I'm about to make that all go away. Anyway, the tin on the wall was an effect I was doing while it was Cameron's room. I was going to take it down, but decided to keep it. I think I'm going to like it once it's finished. I do have a vision.

Notice the floor.  That's what was under the carpet that was ruined when it flooded.  It's not pretty, but right now, it's not a priority.



Dirty much?  Nope, stained.  I scrubbed.  It'll be ok though.  Trust me.




Here's all the stuff that is now off the floor.  All my other stuff is in my laundry room at the moment.  This picture makes me laugh though...notice the Container Store bag? 


 
I'm beginning to get enough energy flowing to go in that room and start on clearing off my new desk.  I'd better go to bed now before that happens.



2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

I like it! I have a countertop in my craft/laundry room that I need to do something with...wish I could afford to buy sheets of stainless steel.

Lori said...

I know I've seen those sold pretty cheap...somewhere.

I've decided to paint the door/desk. I want white walls in there and I think it'll just look entirely too grungy against it. I know the look I was going for, but getting there is a little harder to do. It's late right now, but I'm going to work on that room tonight, until I pass out.