Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Little of Everything

We FINALLY got RAIN last night!  I've never been so excited about rain in all my life.  The last time any precipitation fell from the sky here was April 4th, which was a tiny bit.  I remember we needed it then too, so hard telling when it fell before that.  It came down hard last night, so hopefully the burn ban has been lifted.  There are no puddles, but the ground is still wet today.  YAY!

The garden is looking good.  Plants are shooting out really fast.  I find Clayton outside looking it it quite often.  I think he's proud of his accomplishment.  My flowers are growing too.  I still think they will be taller than the hedges before the season's over, but oh well.  Maybe by this time next year, my hedges will be filled out quite a bit.  Hopefully, anyway.  I tried to fight fever today, so I went out and planted some more things on the side and back of the house.  I cleaned up in the back a bit, making it look a little better.  At least I got that finished, somewhat.

Right now, I'm suffering from an abscess.  Second one this year.  I felt it coming on and was in pain the night before last.  I woke up yesterday with a swollen jaw, so I headed to the ER...again.  He gave me antibiotics, of course, but I asked if I was going to get a shot as well.  He said no.  Ok, that's fine, as long as the pills will work.  I slept all day yesterday and woke up around midnight.  My entire neck and side of my face was swollen, so I head back to the ER to get a shot.  As soon as I walk in, I see the same doctor and he tells me that he'll see me, but he won't change anything.  I asked, "What about a shot?"  He shakes his head, "No", then looks back down at his paperwork.  I walked out.  This hospital is nothing but a bandaid clinic anyway.  I know these things are nothing to sneeze at, so I was very upset.  I came home, cried a little more, threatening to go to a better place and get something in my system immediately, but was too much in pain to want to do anything but sleep.  It has gone down a little, but only because it has spread out a bit more.  Can't wait for it to go down and get this junk taken care of.  No more putting things off!

Easter Sunday, we went letterboxing nearby.  We searched for 5, only found 3.  It wasn't as fun the second time, but that's only because I was starting to feel sick and the girls just weren't in the mood.  It was still fun, just not as fun.  Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, though.  Still looking forward to many more.







Until next time...

2 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

I guess we gave you a little of our rain, as now we are seeing a little bit of sun. Glad to get it too :-)

Lori said...

Glad to see you got some sun! We had that one day of rain..nothing more since.