Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lookin' Good!

Not finished, but here's what's been done today.  I still have to plant a few more, add mulch, and so forth.  Mulch doesn't go a long way, and it's been so long since I've planted anything, I had forgotten that.  I love the black mulch though, especially with my black shutters.




I'm going to get some more boxwood shrubs.  I love these shrubs since you can shape them into any form.  I just don't know how long it will take them to grow.  This is a slower growing version.  (didn't see that until after I purchased them)

Should have done this before planting anything, but I now have to add edging and a sidewalk.  I'd love to have an actual front porch/patio, but that's not happening right now.  The front of the house is just too straight for my liking.  I want one with a roof, but for now, I'm just going to have pavers or something to form a patio.  About a decade or longer ago, we bought one of those walkway molds that you fill with concrete.  I bought another one today just to save money and get a sidewalk faster than if we'd buy concrete pads or pavers.  May just use that for the entire patio too. 

Can't wait for this to really start filling in!

2 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Good job!

Tina said...

Thank you for stopping by at my blog :) I love your flowers! I'd like to have some, too, but I don't have a garden and my "balcony" is too small, it also faces north and most of the flowers don't like that.

Have a blessed weekend!