Friday, April 15, 2011

My First Photowalk..sort of

This week got away from me in a hurry!

I don't even know where Monday and Tuesday went, but Wednesday Clayton wanted to do some boat shopping in Beaumont.  I was glad because I really wanted to check out the places where Scott Kelby's photowalk group went last year there.  Out of all the years I've lived in this area, and all the times I've been to Beaumont, I've never even heard of the street where they took pictures.  I wanted to see the route and how long it was because I had it in my mind to host one myself in the near future.

After looking at some boats and drooling over a pontoon, we left and headed out to Crockett Street.  I must say I did great without the assistance of the gps.  When we got there... I. Fell. In. Love.  With just 5 buildings on that street, I found all sorts of things to take pictures of.  While Clayton and the two younger girls were eating, Morgan and I slipped out with cameras in hand.  We didn't go any further than those 5 buildings and got some pretty cool shots for the short amount of time we did it. 

Once the others were finished eating we headed over to Riverfront Park, only to find it was temporarily closed.  I was very disappointed.  I was so looking forward to taking pictures there.  There was no chance of Clayton walking, so we drove to it, but on the way, I saw even more things I wanted to snap!  I will be back.  Soon.

So, with that being said, I came home and started gathering information on photowalks.  I've started organizing one for Shreveport and one for here in our tiny little town within the next couple months.  Everyone so far is interested.  Oh, I also found a camera club in Beaumont.  Guess what?  The president of the club?  I so went to high school with him and he's on my facebook, so yeah.  ;)  I can't wait to join them!  They have a meeting two days out of the month with competitions and the like.  I am excited.

Here are just a few shots I grabbed the other day on our teeny little photowalk......






I can't wait to really be serious and see what I can find.

4 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

Sounds like fun. Good luck with this.

Lori said...

Thanks! I've joined a few groups I found on meetup.com. I never knew this site existed! I'm slow in the game of internet, I guess.

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Very nice. I LIKE!

Lori said...

Thanks. This was nothing though, really. Although, I am thinking of putting the last one up above my tv.