A friend of mine was watching the news and saw where a man had fried Kool-Aid. She got me interested, so I thought I'd search online to find the recipe. Well, the creator of this treat isn't spilling his recipe, but I did find one, so I gave it a shot. I wanted to try it with the girls, but they just weren't fast enough. I had to try it immediately! Turns out, this stuff is pretty stinking good! Definitely fair food, just as the creator, Charlie Boghosian made it for. Check it out here.
Sorry for the bad photos. My battery is dead, so I had to resort to the old phone version pics.
Oh, and the recipe doesn't specify the unsweetened, sweetened, or the drink when it says koolaid. I used the sweetened and still had to add more flour to make it thick enough.
Give it a shot!



7 comments:
Looks kinda like strawberries!
haha yes it does! You may be onto something there! ;)
I'll bet lemon is really good also, then you could roll them in powdered sugar...yummy.
Ooh, I have never heard of this! And I like The Magnolia Mamma's idea of using lemon and rolling them in powdered sugar, too. And if they don't make lemon, maybe they make orange? I think they do, actually! :)
I hope you enjoyed your fried Kool-Aid! What did your girls think of it?
Allison loved it! Emily, not so much. Morgan didn't try it. I do think the lemon would be great like that. I'm assuming lemonade would be the lemon. They can be treated just like doughnut holes. They taste like flavored funnel cake, so any type of topping would be awesome.
really? crazy as it sounds, I think I might like it too!
Okay i tried it:) its pretty good.We added more sugar and koolaid powder than the recipe called for. Think i might try that lemon one now:)
Post a Comment