Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mind Blowing

We've all heard it.

No matter what you go through, someone always has it worse than you.

This may be a lesson well learned after today.

A friend of mine and her husband works out of state.  They have been gone from home for a few months now and went home this weekend.  They came home to the remains of their home after it had flooded and they didn't know anything about it until they got there.

These pictures BLOW MY MIND!




This is so tragic!

They were just renting this home.  The neighbor saw water coming from the home and informed the landlord. The landlord came in the home, shut the water off and that was it.  He didn't call my friend to inform them of anything.  He said he didn't see any mold when he had come in.

DUH!
Some people...

I feel for my friends.  It makes my complaints seem so nit picky and pathetic.

I'm now inspired.



4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow! That's horrible. Clicking over here to say HI! and thanks for your kind comment on my post about time. I think your Bible reading plan with your girls sounds great by the way! I clicked over there too!

The Magnolia Mamma said...

That is disgusting. How can they even salvage anything?

Lori said...

I really don't think they can salvage a thing. It's so sad.

Hi, Elizabeth! I'm in the process of continuing with that blog now that my girls will all be in one place for a while. They go more than I do, it seems. So, keep checking!

Faded Plains said...

That's so sad...and the fact that the landlord didn't take the time to call them is really sad.