After this past weekend, I did absolutely nothing.
Not even the laundry, which is odd for me.
Laundry is my thang.
It takes me a couple days to get started back on everything once we take so much as a mini vacation. We take quite a few during the year too. I may not ever get on a real schedule where I do the same thing day in and day out.
I see no end in sight.
Mt. Washmore needs to be tended to.
Groceries need to be bought.
Kids need to be schooled.
Dinner needs to be cooked.
Bills need to be paid.
That's just the regular everyday thing though. Like all mothers, I'd hope.
I have a lot of things on my plate for the month. Summer is here and things go a little crazy. Wrestling the schedule with everything the kids do and squeezing in a little "me" time will be a struggle this month. But, I'm looking forward to it.
Remember those camera clubs I joined a while back? Now, since it's summer, there are a lot of activities going on with them. My first one has already started.
My assignment is to shoot the alphabet in different objects. You know, where a round object looks like an "O" and a sign could look like a "T"? That sort of thing. I'm sure you have seen them. I've actually wanted to do this for a while now, but didn't have anything pushing me to. Now I have that. It's not due until close to the end of August, so there's time.
The only problem I have with this assignment is that it's a competition. I'm not afraid of competition, but the way they are judging is just not the way to judge, in my opinion. The pictures are to be put on a Flickr account and you have to get as many people as you can to "like" your set. To me, that becomes a popularity contest instead of a photo contest and defeats the purpose of the shoot to begin with. Am I right? Well, that's my opinion.
So, with that being said, I'm not entering mine as a competition. I'll just be doing mine for a fun assignment. Since it has a due date, I'll be able to stay on track. The winner gets something I don't need anyway...paid entry into the next photowalk. That photowalk happens to be in my little town and I always get in free anyway.
I already have a few letter shapes in mind, with not much help from the kids. I told them all last night to help me look. Cameron came up with a tractor looking like a letter that it truly didn't look like. HA! I think I'll use my own judgement.
There are a few more things I want to post about, but dinner needs to be served.
Until then...
3 comments:
Sounds like the kind of busyness that we have here. :-)
Now you're going to have me looking at everything like a letter!!!!!!!
LOL
Lol, very true! I'm doing it already and it's driving me nuts.
Post a Comment