While in Humble today, I saw a Goodwill store. I am in flea market mode, so figured I stop in and check out what they had. I must say, that was one of the best Goodwill stores I've ever been in. I think I wound up with something off every shelf and still didn't get all I wanted to. Needless to say, my buggy was completely full. I only went in to see what I could find to upcycle. I found more than I expected.
I may just start really shopping like this because I found 2 very thrifty finds. Both of those finds were something I've been really wanting.
1. Headboard for Emily's bed. $12.00. Can't beat that with a stick! Of course, I'm going to refinish it one way or another, but here it is right now. It's very sturdy, but when I got it home, I noticed a crack in it. Nothing wood glue can't handle. Loving it.
2. Towel warmer. I have wanted one of these forever, but would never spend the amount of money on what they sell for. This one? $6.99. Works wonderfully!
A closer look:
LOVE this little tea set. I see some typography in its future.
Hug Mugs :)
These little boogers have a major transformation coming up soon!
Metal and glass, not plastic, so had to grab!
Thinking this may turn towel rack, scarf holder, anything, really. Wall mounted or tabletop. We will see.
Love this little beauty! Can't wait to show you its makeover.
$3 lamp. Craft room bound.
The two items that make me smile:
This canister is along the lines of what I've been wanting in my kitchen. I don't necessarily use canisters for what they are labeled for, but I just love this look. The lid was taped to the canister and it was pretty heavy, so I thought it had the entire set inside. The price tag was $1.99, so I snatched it in a hurry. When I got home and tore off the tape, I saw it was only the flour canister. I also noticed the lid must not be the original lid because it looks too much like a pot lid. No worries. I still LOVE it.
Normally, I would have never given this next item so much as the first glance. BUT, today, as soon as I saw it, I didn't give grabbing it a second thought. This is why - yesterday I read a blog (that I can't find anywhere tonight to give credit to) where the lady had bought these at a dollar store for a buck. She separated each little rose and pinned them to a styrofoam ball, making rose balls for decor in her bathroom. The roses are made of soap, so they have a scent. I'm not crazy about the scent of these, but hopefully it will fade soon enough. Still, I'm going to give it a shot and will post pictures as soon as I do. They were gorgeous!
(will give credit as soon as I find the link!)
(will give credit as soon as I find the link!)
I'm one exhausted Mommy right now and we have school tomorrow. Better get some sleep!
1 comment:
Looks like you got an awesome haul!
Post a Comment