Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Bag a Day

We have been in our home for a year and a half and still haven't unpacked everything.  Sad, yes, I know.  Have I mentioned before how we have NO storage?  I think I have.  I blame it on that.

Our previous home had storage galore along with a huge building, so there was room for anything, really.  The last 6 months we lived there, we really utilized the space we had in the building.  We had to leave loads of things behind because we just didn't have room for it all here.  I wish we would have left more behind, but it is what it is.

I'm literally suffocating due to things we have and no place to put them.  Things get moved here and there, but never there's never a permanent home for them.  So, I've decided to just start chunking.

To make it a little easier to get rid of things and not become overwhelmed even more, I've decided to get rid of a bag a day.  It may be things I simply need to trash, or things I'll take up to the local resale shop.  We will see.  Last night I started with things in the kitchen.  All this was trash, of course.  Cereal boxes that had less than a bowl left in them, things we bought/tried/disliked.  Just those types of things that were taking up precious space and would never be used. 






I got two bags out of that.  Tragic.



Why, yes I did take a picture of two bags of trash, thank you very much.

Feels great!

I found a possible home for one of my Canton crates.  Well, I know this won't last long, but it works for tonight.  I'm thinking of hanging them, really, but tonight it sleeps on the counter.



4 comments:

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Finally after living here 2 years, I decided that I would unpack 1 box a week...it lasted a week!! I do have the huge building out back to store things...but NOW they have things in them that I haven't seen in 4 years...do I need them? NO...but will I get rid of them..NO...I am so bad about that. I know that a lot of it totally useless, but it has always been such a chore for me to throw it away. Somewhere in all of that "STUFF" is the lid to my pressure cooker and weight...I need them, but have no clue as to where they are & it literally would take me forever to find it..IF I could find it....ALAS....my life as a dis-organized person!

The Magnolia Mamma said...

OOPS! Put the comments on the wrong one. I love your items from Goodwill, can't wait to see the finished products. See, I'm even unorganized in that too...LOL

The Magnolia Mamma said...

Okay, maybe it's too early in the morning for this....................(sigh)

Lori said...

LOL! You crack me up! I'm doing great with my bag a day. If I skip a day, I do two. Of course, today, after reading my blog, you will see I'm going to have more than just a bag a day!