Sunday, June 5, 2011

Canton Trade Days

Well, I didn't make it to my niece's birthday party, since the plans for Canton were already made.  Hated to miss it, but LOVED Canton!  I'm so glad we stuck with our plans for once and went.

It was miserably hot.  I don't even want to know what the temp was, but it was still over 100 when we were on the road home at 5pm.  We walked so much, misplaced Morgan for a bit with a dead cell phone, and were finally reunited with her.  WHEW!  I was so upset in thinking how in the world would we ever find her in that crowd.  She found us. 

We spent way too much money on water and soda and not nearly enough on goods.  The one place I really researched and wanted to check out was priced extremely too high.  The rest of the stores we went into were very inexpensive or decently priced.  I had found these right off the bat, waiting on Janet to get there and had them loaded in my car, preparing to fill my arms again.  No wagon, no cart.  Uh, next time for sure!



After an almost complete meltdown from the heat, we found a store we all fell in love with!  "Girls Gone Junkin'".  WOW.  If you love vintage, French country, shabby chic, it's all here.  Beautiful place.  Beautiful and wonderful ladies who run it.  I had a very hard time deciding just what I wanted...until I spotted IT!  THE most wonderful little find.  For. Like. Ever.  Period.



Not the greatest of pictures, but wait until I have the accessories to go with it, including the newborn.  The ladies in the shop told me when I use it for newborn portraits, to send them a picture to put on their website.  I gladly accepted.  I have quite a few little ones standing watch nearby, waiting for their moment to be born.  I can't wait!  Two are twins.  Girls. :)

I'd like to go back in July, but only if I'm able to spend the weekend.  It's hard enough to make it in a day, much less a few hours.  Was much fun, though.

2 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE your treasures and I am SOO jealous of your photography classes! :-) Something I would like to do someday soon! Let me know if I can help you with any questions you may have about Shaklee! I'd love to help!
Blessings,
Mary

{I couldn't find your email...am I crazy? :-) }

Lori said...

Thanks! They aren't actually classes, but instead clubs I've joined. Hopefully I'll still learn some new things, though.

I didn't realize my email wasn't showing. It should be fixed now. :) Yes, loads of questions...and orders! :O