Friday, June 17, 2011

Shabby Chic Bedroom

Taking Morgan along for the ride to Canton was a very wise decision on my part.  Aside from the time spent together and loving all that was to see, Morgan found her style. 

Loving the choice she made, I found an old book I had in my stash and gave it to her for inspiration and for me to know exactly what she's looking for in her bedroom.  I've had this book forever now, and it's finally coming in handy.

As I was getting all the things out of her room to be able to pull up the carpet, I found the book on her bed with Post-Its sticking out of the pages.

Here are her some of her choices:


With all the work that has been done around here and all that's still left to do, Bud offered me a glimpse of hope.  Shamefully, my car hasn't been washed since we came back from the beach, what a month ago?  So, yeah, it still had that salt all over it and it looked horrible.  He asked if he could take it to the car wash and wash it.  Um yeah!  Don't have to ask me again, Son!  Now I'll have a clean ride up to Dallas to get my Morgan.


I've been working on refinishing that 12 buck headboard I bought for Emily's room.  I have no idea really where to go with it.  She is wanting an Indian inspired bedroom with all the deep colors, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what color I should do the furniture.  Right now, it's black, but I'm not sure that's going to work.  We will see.  I'll need to do it in a hurry though, because in about 2 weeks, the flooring will be in and the girls' bedrooms will be beautiful!  Can't wait!  Oh, just can't wait.











3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi Lori!

I love the style Morgan found, and her choices are wonderful! Is the headboard you are doing for Emily's room the same one you showed us from the Goodwill? That was SO beautiful! I know both of their rooms are going to be amazing when you are finished with them! Ooh, and new flooring! Which kind did you choose? {See, I'm nosey like that!} ;) Isn't it incredible though how much of a difference new flooring makes in a room? I can't wait to rip up our old carpet this fall! :)

I hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Lori said...

Yes, the very same headboard. It looks great black too!

Lol, girl, ask away. I posted what I was putting down in my last blog. I can't wait to get them in!!! I know it's going to make a HUGE difference in the way the bedrooms look and the way I feel about my home, especially after all this.

Snuzi said...

Shabby Chic is my fave. And I'm loving your blog! Nice to "meet" you! :)