I bought more loot today. I think it's my goal to go to every Goodwill in every town I pass through. I had to go to Lufkin today, so decided to stop in there. I came out with a stash and wanting to go back in with some things I saw but didn't have room in my car for. One was a wooden high chair. It is totally what I want. Another was a cast iron train set. I did have room in my car for this, just not my buggy. : O I'll be back.
I'll show pictures of all my stuff when I work on them.
Now, for the verdict:
At first I thought the only thing that was ruined from the flood was Morgan's dresser. It's from Ikea, so it's particle board. It saddens me, because it was still well built and very nice. I fell in love with the size of the drawers and the drawers' frosted glass fronts. I'm going to keep the drawers though and see if I can built another base around them. It's hard to let that piece go. No picture can do it justice, but here's a picture of it from Ikea's website:
It bothers me that this picture doesn't show what it truly looks like.
Anyway, besides that being ruined, the carpet in all three bedrooms is also. It wasn't that great to begin with, but it worked. While Morgan is still in Dallas, the other girls and I are going to start ripping it up, starting tomorrow. I know, you so want to be in my shoes. Ripping up carpet isn't all that bad, but it is when it's wet and stinks up the entire house. Not to mention, I can't stand touching wet carpet. *shivers* (wet shoelaces do the same thing to me.) YUCK!
I just want to make all this go away and go make something.

3 comments:
Hi Lori~
I am so sorry what happened with the pipe flooding your house! That sounds awful, and hope it goes okay ripping up all of the carpet! That is a lot of work, even without it being wet. I will say a prayer for you all!
I am happy for you on your Goodwill finds, however, and hope you have fun working on them! And I agree on wooden high chairs~ they are adorable! :)
I hope you get some good rest tonight, after all of the flooding troubles!
Blessings,
Jenni
{Beautiful Nest}
Thanks so much! This too shall pass.
We had two floods in our house in Colorado, so I know where you're coming from. I was just grateful that mine was our bottom floor where we didn't have much stuff...except for the time when we had JUST refinished everything with new carpet!!! One time, the insurance company would have paid for it, but I was too dumb to know that (was considered accidental - so it was covered). The next time, when I thought it should have been covered, it wasn't! So I had to pay both times.
Post a Comment